Check out our Virtual Math Festival 2020 instead: https://talkstem.org/2020/03/12/making-lemonade-from-lemons-virtual-pi-day-2020/
Presented by talkSTEM and AT&T Performing Arts Center.
We hope this event will bring together children, families, and educators across the DFW metroplex. We are providing additional information and resources below.
On this page you can find:
- Downloadable flyers in color, B&W, English and Spanish that we encourage you to share with your communities
- This Year’s Features
- Video Highlights from Our Previous Festivals
- Downloadable Pi Day Math Festival 2020 Passport
- These passports amplify the learning experience for your students. We hope it will allow you to continue the conversation about STEM in the real world with your students. Copies of the passport will be available at the event.
- If you are a teacher, please consider talking about this with your students and providing extra credit.
- For community educators, feel free to utilize this passport before and after the event.
- List of Participating Organizations.
Click a link below to download the flyer to print and share:
Special Features of Pi Day 2020
This year’s festival will include:
- Live performance by the Texins Jazz Band, formerly The Texas Instruments Jazz Band, an 18-piece band consisting of Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, and Optical Engineers and more.
- Dance workshop, Physics of Dance, presented by Nycole Ray, Artistic Director, DBDT: Encore! at Dallas Black Dance Theatre.
- Don’t miss AT&T Performing Arts Center ‘s new putting green!
- We invite you to pack a picnic or enjoy the multiple dining options within walking distance of Sammons Park.
- Please review this page that includes instructions for parking.
Your downloadable passport is coming soon!
2020 Participating Partners
We are very grateful for our fantastic line up of partner organizations that will join us in this celebration of real world math at Pi Day Math Festival. Some of our partners have walkSTEM® experiences on-site. A walkSTEM® tour is a STEM-focused walking tour that is part of our walkSTEM® Initiative. Many of these experiences are available on the talkSTEM YouTube channel. We list these partners here, hoping you will go on a real or virtual walkSTEM® tour as part of your Pi Day celebration.
*This organization has an on-site walkSTEM® experience you can view by clicking ￼on the hyperlink.
** This organization has an on-site walkSTEM® experience you can enjoy when you visit.
- CityLab High School (Dallas ISD)
- Crow Museum of Asian Art of The University of Texas at Dallas
- Dallas After School
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden**
- Dallas County Community College District
- Dallas Innovation Alliance
- Dallas ISD – STEM Environment Education Center *
- Dallas Love Field Airport *
- The Dallas Morning News – Science in the City
- Dallas Museum of Art *
- Dallas Opera
- Dallas Public Library*
- Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas *
- IF/THEN National Initiative of Lyda Hill Philanthropies
- John Bunker Sands Wetland Center
- KERA Education
- Kimbell Art Museum
- Museum of Geometric and MADI Art *
- Nasher Sculpture Center *
- National Math + Science Initiative
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science
- The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza
- Texins Jazz Band
- Texas Legends
- College of Architecture, Planning and Public Affairs (CAPPA) at UT Arlington
- UT Dallas Center for Brain Health
- UT Southwestern*