Every child is STEM child, Every space is STEM space
talkSTEM works hard to make unique and high quality STE(A)M educational content freely available to all children. We partner with such youth-serving organizations as Dallas ISD, Girls Inc, Imagine Science, and more. Every dollar you contribute goes directly to our educational programming and content creation that reaches under-resourced student populations. Please support us.Donate Now
© Photographer, Amber Knowles http://www.amberknowles.com
- walkSTEM® Network: Growing network of varied organizations who have real or virtual STEM/STEAM experiences.
- talkSTEM YouTube Channel: Our STEM/STEAM integrated walking tours designed for clients and events with other organizations.
- talkSTEM Digital Forum: Online platform for inspirational thinking and practice
- Parent and Teacher education workshops
- walkSTEM® programs and activities: Frameworks for local, school and community based student activities aimed at getting students to explore their local environments using our trademarked approach (in classroom and out of school)
Tour guide Maria Carrero points out shapes in the Pegasus sculpture in front of Booker T. Washington High School to the walkSTEM tour on Saturday morning.
Examples of Our Projects:
- Projects with walkSTEM® Network Partners –
- Dallas Arts District – Real and virtual walking tours with worksheets.
- Dallas Museum of Art – walkSTEM® experience for “Cult of the Machine: Precisionism and American Art” exhibition, on partnership with museum’s Education department, 2018-2019; Museum Docent Training, 2017
- Trinity River Audubon Center – walkSTEM® design workshop for education team
- AT&T Performing Arts Center – Student and teacher interactive activity guides to supplement science performance by Dr. Kaboom
- Dallas Zoo – Student and teacher interactive activity guides
- NorthPark Center – Real and virtual walkSTEM® tours
- Southern Methodist University – Virtual walkSTEM® tour
- Dallas Love Field Airport – Virtual walkSTEM® tour
- Frontiers of Flight Museum – Virtual walkSTEM® tour and student activity guides for field trips
- Capital One – Augmented reality app for Plano, TX campus
- Project- based Curriculum-
- Growing Lab Girls – Interdisciplinary toolkit for girls in grades 7-12. Goal is for girls to think more deeply about the nature of science, reflect on themselves as scientists, and express their science-related ideas and questions.
- 21-Day STEAM Challenge– Free subscription that sends a menu of STEAM activities to interested parents and educators to help coach their students to be STEAM savvy.
- Create Your Own walkSTEM® – Customized walkSTEM® project that is created and curated by students.
- Events –
- – Organized community event involving varied community partners to celebrate real world math
- Women in Tech : Paths to Leadership – Professionals in the TECH field discuss various topics including implicit biases, STEM mindsets, company support, youth experiences, and more.
- Educator Workshops –
- Virtual Professional Development workshops in math, science, STEM and STEAM for K-12 educators and for informal educators
- National Coalition of Girls School – Workshop on innovative approaches for ALL girls to see themselves as STEAM practitioners
- Dallas ISD teachers
- Informal Science Education Association of Texas – Workshop for how to design your own walkSTEM® tour