On these final hours of Giving Tuesday, your support of talkSTEM ensures that children have the right to explore and engage with math and science, which in turn impacts their opportunities in the future. If children identify with math and science from an early age, then they are more likely to pursue them in the future, allowing them to enter a high-paying, expanding, and important field. We are hard at work growing our platform, walkSTEM, so that children can enjoy learning about math and science through their lived experiences right where they are, in their homes, their parks, and their neighborhoods. Learn more about our partnerships with universities, Dallas ISD and other schools, and other youth-serving organizations here.
- Teachers – over 1,000
- Students – over 2,000 (in-person events)
- Parents – 250 (in-person events/ parent workshops)
What we have done with our Platform:
- # of in-person community events – 40
- # of virtual events (2019 and 2020) – 20
- # of educational videos – approx. 350
- # of educator resources/publications – 150
Every dollar you give will allow us to reach girls and other underrepresented children right here in North Texas through our innovative programming.